Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My first guitar!

Christmas came a little early this year for me.  It is my first guitar and so I am learning how to play it.  My fingers hurt!  Damn it!  No one mentions this when they talk about learning to play the guitar.  Does it skip their minds?  As I sit and type, I can't feel my index finger strike the plastic surface of these keys!  But it's okay... it's all part of the process right?

I believe that creativity truly comes from a place of awareness, and sometimes different creative arts can inspire others.

There are times when the mundane typical challenges of life can threaten your creative flow... arguing with your girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife (trust me, I know about this one all too well), your kids stress you out, family drama, work has you feeling more like a slave than an appreciated and valued team member, etc.  In these times I believe it helps to use a creative outlet to get you back into the mood to write, or in other words use one art to create a space for awareness, and in that space your creativity can blossom and grow.

I guess I better get back to practicing... I hope my fingers can hold out!

No comments: