Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mailed My First Submissions Today!


And they're off!  I woke up, bright and early, today at 7 AM.  I know the post office doesn't open until around 9 AM but you know how sometimes you are anxious and sleep seems like an option that can wait?  Well, my body seemed to think so.

I'd been writing, and rewriting, and rewriting some more past midnight last night (December 8, 2009) up to this morning just before taking my materials to the post office.  I mailed my cover letters, query letters, synopsis, and sample pages/chapter to two agencies.

As I went to place them in the drop-off box in the post office, I was concerned with the way they were laying at the bottom of the box.  I think the manager maybe thought I was crazy or something.  He'd helped me out with using the postage machines to print out postage and was making sure I placed my mail in the right box.  When I placed them at the bottom I became worried that they may not see them at first and so I sat them up, but then I realized when I close the box they will fall down.  I stood there for a minute trying to figure out the best way to lay them in the box!!!  Now that I'm writing this out it does sound a bit nuts.

Well, I'm supposed to keep track of my submissions so let's mark today on the calendar and let the countdown begin!

Virginia Kidd Agency - Responds in appx. six weeks to queries (January 13th)
Linn Prentis Literary - Responds in... however long they feel like!  (no response time listed on their website)

No comments: